Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions. Entry and continued participation in this competition is subject to the terms and conditions which apply to all donations made via the Website, as available at the Website and as amended from time to time.
- Your Qualifying Donation must be received during the Competition Period. Your Qualifying Donation is deemed to be received only when received by Hang With A Star's database. If your entry/ies are based on a donation that is unsuccessful, reversed or cancelled, so as to mean you did not make a Qualifying Donation those entries will be deemed invalid. You will receive a return online message confirming your entries. The Promoter and Hang With A Star are not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If there is a dispute about the identity of an entrant in relation to who made the Qualifying Donation linked to the winning entry, the Promoter may award the prize to the owner/account holder of the relevant payment method.
- If you win, your prize will be a trip for you and one companion to Sydney and includes:
(a) return economy airfares (including airfare taxes) for you and your companion from your nearest Australian capital city to Sydney (if you live in Sydney, you will receive return train transfers from your nearest Sydney station instead of flights);
(b) return transfers between Sydney airport and the hotel for you and your companion (transfers not included if flights are not included);
(c) 1 nights accommodation (twin share) in a minimum four star hotel (as determined by the Promoter) for you and your companion;
(d) Transfer from the hotel to the lunch venue;
(e) 2 x lunch for you and your companion with Married at First Sight cast members including but not limited to, Mick Gould, prior to the boat cruise beginning; and
(f) 2 x Sunset cruise with Married at First Sight cast members including but not limited to, Mick Gould, for you and your companion on 15/09/19 at the location specified by the Promoter, including beverages as specified.
- Accommodation, activities and flights are subject to booking and availability. The prize must be taken on the dates specified to coincide with boat cruise on 15/09/19. You and your companion are responsible for all other costs related to the prize, including any additional meals, additional transfer costs, insurance (including excesses), in-room charges and additional taxes. All persons taking the prize must depart and return at the same time. The prize is subject to any additional conditions of the prize supplier/s including any conditions of travel and conditions of participation at the lunch and boat cruise (including behaviour requirements and applicable dress codes). Costs for changes made by you (or your companion) to the prize after it has been booked must be paid by you and your companion as applicable. You may be required to present your credit card when checking in to the accommodation./span>
- By entering this competition you agree to comply, and ensure that your companion complies, with the ticket conditions that accompany the tickets won in conjunction with the competition. You also agree to comply, and ensure that your companion complies, with all Conditions of Entry of the Venue for lunch and all Conditions of Entry of the boat operator.span>
- If an event or activity included in the prize is abandoned, called off or postponed for any reason, you and your companion forfeit your entitlement to that prize element and you will not be given any cash or alternative tickets as a substitute for attending the event or activity. You will still receive all other components of the prize as long as they are still taken on the original date/s.
- While they will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the participation of Mick Gould on the boat cruise on 15/09/19, the Promoter and Hang With A Star exclude, so far as legally permissible, all liability if for any reason Mick Gould does not attend the boat cruise on 15/09/19 due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and Hang With A Star (e.g. illness of Mick Gould) and no other prize will be substituted for the participation of Mick Gould in such circumstances (though the winner and companion can still attend the boat cruise on 15/09/19 and participate in the planned activities of the prize).
- If you are a winner, you (and your companion) must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter and/or Hang With A Star requires, without any compensation. You (and your companion) consent to the Promoter and Hang With A Star using your names and images in any promotional or advertising activity.
- You and your companion must follow the Promoter’s and Hang With A Star's instructions and any rules provided to you and/or your companion before or upon arrival at the prize event/s including wearing any promotional items as required by the Promoter/Hang With A Star. You and your companion must not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or interfere with other participants (e.g. by making any contact with or distracting another participant or acting in any manner which the Promoter/Hang With A Star considers reckless or inappropriate).
- You and your companion accept that some aspects of the prize may be inherently risky and that the prize may involve dangerous activities
- In order to participate in the activity/activities awarded as part of the prize, you and your companion must comply with any applicable conditions (e.g. height, weight, health and fitness requirements). You must ensure that you and your companion are healthy and fit enough to take the prize. You and your companion must follow all requirements of the people responsible for managing the relevant activity/ies.
- You and your companion must, if required by the Promoter/Hang With A Star, sign disclaimer and release forms provided by the Promoter/Hang With A Star in favour of the Promoter/Hang With A Star and other parties before taking the prize. If you or your companion do not sign, your entry will be deemed invalid and you will lose any entitlement to a prize.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter/Hang With A Star to breach these Terms and Conditions including if you are unable to take the prize on the dates specified to coincide with 15/09/19, your entry (or at the Promoter's/Hang With A Star's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter/Hang With A Star may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's/Hang With A Star's satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter/Hang With A Star to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter, Hang With A Star or any of their respective related entities or of the other agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You are responsible for your companion and the Promoter/Hang With A Star may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, you or your companion if they breach these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
- If you (or your companion), in the opinion of the Promoter/Hang With A Star (and/or a medical professional, as required), are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter/Hang With A Star or any of their respective related entities or the other agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter/Hang With A Star may cancel the prize or restrict you (and your companion) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
- The Promoter and Hang With A Star are not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- The Promoter’s decision (or where relevant, Hang With A Star's decision) in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter and Hang With A Star are not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter/Hang With A Star may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- By accepting or participating in any prize, your companion accepts these Terms and Conditions.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's/Hang With A Star's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter/Hang With A Star may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- The Promoter and Hang With A Star are not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter, Hang With A Star and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter, Hang With A Star and the other agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of the prize. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
- The Promoter may cause this competition to be communicated or advertised using any social media platform. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the relevant social media platforms. You provide your information to the Promoter/Hang With A Star and not to the social media platform/s. You completely release all social media platforms from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information
(i) how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter/Hang With A Star (as applicable) hold about you and seek correction of the information; and
(ii) how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter/Hang With A Star (as applicable) will deal with such a complaint.